Velocity is the name of one of the Timco range of advanced premium multi-use screws
When selecting a screw for a particular tack it is important to ensure that the 2 pieces as held or clamped securely and this is why all screws over 40mm are partially threaded. The plain shank allows the timber being secured to clamp tightly to the wooden substrate. If a fully threaded screw is used, then a situation called “jacking” can arise as the threads grip the timber being secured preventing it from being pulled tightly to the substrate.
To overcome jacking when using fully threaded screws then a pilot hole slightly greater than the diameter of the screw need to be drilled in the piece of wood to be fixed.
Fully threaded versions are perfect for fixing metal brackets etc. with a predrilled hole
Unique patented Velocity screws have been specifically designed to give rapid installation into many different materials, whilst achieving exceptional pull-out resistance. It has been designed to give the user a consistent and reliable product that can be used in a variety of applications.
• Self-gripping patented “D” shape double countersunk head to assist countersinking and to prevent damage to furniture hardware
• Special plating to give over 504 hours salt spray resistance in accordance to BS EN 9227:2012
• Partially threaded from 40mm to assist clamping of material
• Anti-friction lubrication with XXS5 to enhance screw insertion time and reduce driving torque
• New thread configuration to reduce torque and give an enhanced pull-out resistance in a variety of applications
• Patented “Twist Shank” to give rapid drive and exceptional performance
• Quick start point for fast pick-up and insertion time